EnglishFrenchGermanItalianPortugueseRussianSpanish

192.168.1.1 Unreachable

I just purchased the FBE200 and I’m trying to set it up. It is physically plugged into power with a red LED for power and to a router that I previously configured to be 192.168.1.1 with a submask of 255.255.255.0. Only two devices are plugged into the router, my computer which DHCP assigned 192.168.1.2 and the FBE200. I cannot reach the device.

I press and held the reset button on FBE200 in case it had previous settings and I’ve changed ethernet cables as well as ports on the router. I’ve even used NCAT to scan 192.168.1.0/255 for any open port 80s only to find none.

Is it possible the device might have another IP address? What steps should I take next?

My dear friend

1. The default IP address of FBE200 is 192.168.1.168. Have you entered an error?
    Or have you changed the IP address of fbe200 before?
  2. Is the green light on the front panel of FBE200 on? (Status Lamp)

have a good day
Jimmy

I have not changed it yet.
No. Only the red light is on.

My dear friend

As I can see from your picture, the network port lamp of FBE200 is not on.
That proves that FBE200 is not connected to the router properly, so you can’t get into its background management interface.

Please replace the router’s ports and wires for testing until FBE200’s network port lights come on.

have a good day
Jimmy

I believe my device is defective. I have used multiple cables that I know to be good, and have plugged them into multiple ports of several different routers that I know to also be good. In all cases I cannot get the green light to come on.

Should the green light turn on immediately when it is physically connected to an active switch?

My dear friend

After the fbe200 is started normally, the green light will be on when the network connection is detected.

What power adapter do you use? Is it the one we randomly attached?
It is possible that the power adapter is damaged and fbe200 fails to start normally.

have a good day
Jimmy

I was using the power adapter that was supplied in the packaging. The device is plugged into a turned on router and I just unplugged the supplied power cable for the FBE200 and then tried using a usb cable. The red light came back on, but the green light did not.

My dear friend

I’m sorry, maybe your FBE200 is broken and can’t start properly.
When and where did you buy the FBE200?
Please contact our salesman on the platform where you buy FBE200, and she will help you replace or return it
Again, I’m sorry for your unpleasant shopping trip.

have a good day
Jimmy

Finally, please try to reset the FBE200 through the front panel REST button of the FBE200 to see if it can be restored.

That’s what I was thinking, but wanted to make sure I tried everything first. I have pressed and held the reset button previously, for over 5 seconds, based on other messages on this forum.

My dear friend

That may be that the fbe200 has been damaged. Please contact our salesman to return it.

have a good day
Jimmy