EnglishFrenchGermanItalianPortugueseRussianSpanish

FBE200-h.265 to NGINX-RTMP instability

I purchased the FBE200 for streaming to YouTube (RTMP) and internal RTSP feeds. I was getting shoddy streams to YouTube, and assumed it was due to bandwidth, so set up an internal NGINX-RTMP server to capture the stream and manually upload to YouTube later. Both the FBE200 and NGINX-RTMP boxes are on the same switch, same VLAN, with minimal other traffic. Captures from the FBE200 were still intermittent, which I assumed was due to a poor configuration on NGINX-RTMP. After a week of troubleshooting, I replaced the FBE200 with a previous encoder (Cerevo Liveshell2) and everything worked. Seems to suggest instability with the FBE200? Current config of FBE200 has the Main RTMP enabled, and EXT RTSP enabled (but nothing pulling data yet). RTMP is set to 720p and using line-in audio at 128Kbps sampling. It keeps defaulting to 25FPS and I set GOP to 60. Everything else is pretty much default. The NGINX-RTMP logs showed numerous short RTMP connections, sometimes every 1 to 2 seconds, other times up to 17 minutes. Related issue seemed to be that the resulting FLV file showed a duration much longer than the capture interval (i.e. capture for 40 minutes results in VLC reporting a 15 hour video). No changes made on NGINX-RTMP for Cerevo to run a stable stream, and Cerevo configured with similar values (30 fps, 60 GOP, 720P, etc). Please advise what might be causing the unstable stream from the FBE200 to the NGINX-RTMP box. Thanks.

Hi!
I had problems with YouTube streaming until I learned how to set the GOP value for YouTube.

The YouTube GOP value is half the frames per second that the transmission is performing.

Example: Transmission 1280x720 30fps.
The correct GOP value is 15.

Transmission 1280x720 25fps.
The correct GOP value is 12.

1 Like

Thanks Videodline. Hoping to get the NGINX-RTMP stream issue resolved at this point and will worry about YouTube later on. I’ll definitely keep the GOP = 1/2 FPS option in mind when I revisit direct streaming to YouTube.

In case it helps, here are screenshots of settings on the FBE200-H.265-HLS device. Please advise if you see anything significant that would impact the streaming to the NGINX-RTMP server. What seems to suggest an issue with the FBE200 (instead of the NGINX-RTMP server) is that the LIveshell2 is able to perform perfectly and repeatedly with everything else being equal (same camera, same HDMI cable, same network cable, same network port, etc…) Hoping I’ve just overlooked something on the FBC200 config. Not shown in the images, but all 3rd Stream options are disabled. Main is set for RTMP capture, and EXT is set for RTSP with H.265.