Feature Request: Improve HLS streaming compatibilty

Hi FMUSER,

My company has been testing FMUSER FBE200-H.265-HLS as a potential streaming solution for our customers. We like the device, but it is currently not compatible with our systems. Our engineering staff has looked into this, and we would like to request the following simple change:

Please add the following HTTP Response Header to the HLS endpoint via a firmware update:

Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *

Details: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Access-Control-Allow-Origin

This will allow players like Video.js, which use JavaScript to parse the HLS playlist, to access the /hls/show.m3u8 endpoint from a different server.

Otherwise, right now, we are seeing the following error message:

XMLHttpRequest cannot load http://192.168.1.168:8080/hls/show.m3u8. No ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ header is present on the requested resource.

FMUSER can you please respond and let me know if you would be open to making this change? Otherwise we will need to look for a different solution.

My friend:

yes ,we will try to make a firmeware for you, but it need more information form you .
We will talk to our engineer and reply here.

have a good day.
tomlee

Is it(http://192.168.1.168:8080/hls/show.m3u8) now work good in VLC ?

My friend:

Please give me a screenshout of statu pages.
We will give you a upgrade firmeware for test.

have a good day.
tomlee

My friend:

This firmeware is an eliminary version revised upon your requirement, if this doesn’t work well, please provide your feedback to us for further modifications.

O-265-HLS-wifi-eliminary-version20170819.rar (3.4 MB)

Thank you again. I will test and let you know.

We have tried to to update the with the new firmware (O-265-HLS-wifi-eliminary-version20170819.rar)

Unfortunately after reboot the version is still at 20170405.

Its seems that the upgrade process is not working.

The HTTP header (Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *) is still missing.

mbp-13-jl:~ jeanlaganiere$ curl -I 192.168.1.168:8080/hls/show.m3u8
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: nginx/1.10.1
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:59:33 GMT
Content-Type: application/vnd.apple.mpegurl
Content-Length: 160
Last-Modified: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:59:33 GMT
Connection: keep-alive
ETag: "df5-a0"
Cache-Control: no-cache
Accept-Ranges: bytes

Please advise.

Tomlee,

I apologize that we have been slow to get back to you. We have now tested this out and can report success! I was able to install the firmware upgrade without issue, and we are now using FMUSER FBE200-H.265-HLS to stream live TV on our Video.js based systems. It’s working well- we are able to access the HLS stream with multiple clients even.

Thanks again for making this change. The user above may want to check that he is installing on the right device version- I did not have any problems.

We got it ,Thank you for the information.:thumbsup:

My friend:

Please send me a screen shout of the status page.

have a good day.
tomlee

Hi Tommlee, just checking did this change go into the latest firmware? The one on this page?

yes ,just check the last firmware.

Hi Tommlee,

We’re testing the FBE200-LAN and want to use the HTTP streaming directly inside a browser from the LAN. We’ve got the same problem as the OP (streamer425)

Could you please add the following HTTP Response Header to the HTTP endpoint via a firmware update:

Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *

Thanks very much,
Tom