EnglishFrenchGermanItalianPortugueseRussianSpanish

No Audio: What am I doing wrong?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

My dear friend

Can you test it like this?
Use the computer’s HDMI output to the encoder, and then use VLC to watch RTSP protocol

have a good day
Jimmy

Or let’s do TeamViewer

My dear friend

1. First of all, you can test whether the microphone works normally with your laptop or mobile phone
  2. Please set the Audio input of FBE200 as Line in and then test it

have a good day
Jimmy

And what kind of camera do you use now?

My dear friend

The audio input impedance and gain of notebook and fbe200 are different, so the sound will be different
In the notebook sound card settings, you can learn about the gain settings

Can you say that more clearly? I don’t quite understand

Does your fbe200 have audio output now?

have a good day
Jimmy

I have audio output if both these conditions are true:

• I use my laptop HDMI and not my camera.
  • I use the headphone jack from my laptop and not my microphone.

I need to stream footage with a camera along with sound, so I need an alternative solution. Clearly, the camera causes some sort of trouble and the microphone doesn’t work with the fbe200 either. I don’t know why.

Can we do TeamViewer? Let me help you configure fbe200 remotely

When you connect the microphone to the fbe200, do you set the fbe200 line in?

You have the same problem as I had. FBE200 does not understand the EDID of your camcorder. There is video but no sound, I solved this problem by purchasing an HDMI audio extractor. Now I have another device connected between the camera and the FBE200, and I connect the output from the extractor to the linear input of the FBE200

1 Like

Yes, I have selected line in as you can see in my first post. I have tried every combination for Resample and also tried different audio encoders and rates. I don’t think there’s a setting I’ve missed there - I’ve spent a few hours trying different settings with different hardware configurations.

Thanks for the suggestion Nikolaj, but I don’t think the camcorder outputs audio from its HDMI interface, so splitting the audio won’t solve my problem. However, you did give me an idea. Vieralink was enabled on the HDMI output of the camera, which I have disabled. That now means that I can get video from the camcorder and also audio from the line in at the same time, provided the line in is connected to a headphone jack. I am getting the same results from the laptop HDMI as the camcorder now.

So the question is why it doesn’t work with my microphone? Is this a levels thing? Am I best off getting a preamp or a mixer with a preamp built-in?

No ideas about microphones that might work with the line-in?

My dear friend

Can you use your cell phone or MP3 audio output to connect to the fbe200 for testing?
Let’s see if the problem is with the fbe200 or the microphone

have a good day
Jimmy

Only the active microphone can be connected to the line input, or the audio mixer to which the microphone is connected can be connected. Normal microphone has too low impedance for line input. There are a lot of active microphones on sale, they use a power source (battery, battery) in their design. Do not confuse with condenser microphones that need phantom power.
Your Panasonic HC-V100 camera has an AVmulti output, connect the cord that comes with it, take the red and white plug and connect it to the cable that came with the FBE200, it is also red and white. In the encoder settings, select the line input. I think after that a sound should appear.

Thanks, Nikolaj. That confirms what I was thinking. When I find the cables for the camera, I’ll give this a go. If I can’t find the cables, I’ll need to find a suitable preamp with phantom power.

@Jimmy - if you scroll up, you’ll see we’d already confirmed the microphone works with other devices and the HDMI streamer also works with other devices. It’s just this microphone with the streamer.