UDP multicast issue on FBE200 H264 HLS

fbe200

#1

Hi,

I have an issue for my FBE200 encoder. UDP multicast output is not smooth, but if i check the rtsp or rtmp output, video & audio runs smoothly. i use standard ethernet cable and view with VLC on my laptop.

i’ve try to upgrade firmware with the latest release, but still no luck. problem still occurs.

this only happen on my 3rd FBE 200. my 2 other FBE200 is no problem even though all configurations are the same.


#2

From RTSP :

From UDP multicast


#3

Configuration


#4

My dear friend

Your FBE200 and configuration seem to be all right.
The problem should be with VLC players.
This happens when a VLC player has a playback cache.
Please try to disable VLC’s video acceleration function and test it again.

have a good day
Jimmy


#5

My dear friend

Can you tell me how you use FBE200?
What device does UDP use to watch?
Is this also the case when you watch UDP multicast on other devices?

have a good day
Jimmy


#6

I’m using vlc and android stb to view the UDP stream. I have 3 FBE200 using same configuration settings, but only 1 of them had a problem with UDP multicast stream


#7

My dear friend

Does this happen when you watch with Android stb boxes?
Or does this happen only when you watch with VLC?

have a good day
Jimmy


#8

This problem happens using vlc and android stb also. I’ve try to change settings between vlc and ffmpeg but problem still the same on udp multicast output.

Also i checked tcpdump from wireshark, it shows that ts output from trouble FBE200 is slightly different from normal FBE200


#9

My dear friend

Can you give me a screenshot?

have a good day
Jimmy


#10

i have faced the same problem with this encoder…the answer from the company was not to use vlc or update vlc


#11

I found this same problem earlier this week.

When TS Muxer is set to ‘ffmpeg’ and UDP multicast is played in VLC it results in a corrupted picture (pink screen). When setting TS Muxer to ‘vlc’ it works fine on both VLC and a hardware IP STB (Amino A140).

Also if you get breakup in the stream when traversing multiple IP links (and multiple multicast streams on the backbone) ensure your switches have enough packet buffer memory if switching between 1gbit/s links and 100mbit. Our solution was to force the service provider ethernet port to 100mbit/s full duplex rather than 1gbit/s (or auto). The service provider was providing a traffic limited 100mbit/s link but their demarc equipment did not have enough packet buffer to ensure the data entered and exited in the correct order. Utilizing QoS on our switches plus having the uplink set as 100mbit/s allowed our switches to queue the packets correctly.